Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
The Financial Reporting Senior Associate role within Global Delivery is responsible for planning, scheduling and managing the financial reporting workflow of one or more client relationships. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas This FLM role should also possess excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills and demonstrate the ability to lead a team with 4-6 FTEs. Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position with increased focus towards quality controls, documentation and process improvements.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Financial Reporting, Senior Associate, you will:
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial/regulatory reports and related working
- Ensures timely and accurate production of financial statements and related regulatory filings, as applicable, for each client relationship.
- Answer and handle complex issues and queries and escalate as needed; acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables. Be accountable for assigned tasks and deadline for self and for the team
- Identify risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures. Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as makes recommendations for changes.
- Acting as escalation point where is applicable
- Documentation – Be able to review and correct the process documentation such as process flows, Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and coach the team
- Understand the end to end process and be able to seek support to clear out inter process upstream / downstream dependencies, suggest process improvements and be able to seek support to drive projects to create efficiencies / enhance controls
- Ensures effective use of reporting system and makes recommendations for system enhancements.
- Working together with home site client service team to effective manage auditor/client query
- Understand the client requirements and guide the team towards efficiently managing its deliverables
- Evaluates staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
- Ensures all personnel are appropriately selected, thoroughly trained and given timely and complete performance evaluation feedback.
- Remains informed of regulatory changes and new industry and competitor developments.
- Other special projects or tasks assigned.
What we value:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Post Graduates (CA/CPA/CFA qulified) preferably or Bachelor degree with Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm relevant experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in a financial reporting or financial services environment.
- Solid experience in statutory reporting and applications of accounting standards in accordance with IFRS and GAAP
- Good leadership, negotiation and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, staff development and people management skills
- Good understanding of managed investment funds, relevant accounting standards and applicability
- Familiar with financial services and investment products
- Detailed oriented individual capable of performing in a high pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Good knowledge of Internal Systems, MS office (excel, word)
- Data & Analysis - Posesses strong attention to detail. Demonstrate good analytical skills in resolving the team issues and facilitates decision making
- Have mindset to continous improve processes and action on it
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.