Associate Director, Audit Services
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
NT’s Audit Services Department is recruiting for an Associate Director role, focused on leading Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime (Fin Crime) related audit engagements within the Risk and Compliance team.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to guide the enhancement and further growth of audit coverage of AML and Fin Crime activities performed within the EMEA region, and to further support the development of specialist technical and/or regulatory knowledge within the team.
You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative manner with audit partners in Ireland, London, Luxembourg, Chicago, Australia and Manila, given the global nature of the Audit Services team. The role also offers an exciting opportunity for interaction with Senior and Executive management across NT, leveraging technical expertise to evaluate risk areas and ensure that resources are properly aligned to audit these areas.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to the evolution of the AML and Fin Crime audit strategy including risk assessment and coverage strategy
- Provide strategic thinking, thought leadership, and guidance on identifying key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the controls supporting AML and Fin Crime activities to the audit team
- Plan, oversee, and direct the activities of the AML and Fin Crime audit team in EMEA to achieve the goals of the AML and Fin Crime audit strategy through setting clear and measurable targets and objectives for individuals which are overseen on a regular basis
- Establish strong working relationships and communications with key stakeholders in EMEA
- Maintain active involvement with executive and oversight committees, including as a member and presenter of such as deemed appropriate
- Indirect with directly and/or support interaction with EMEA regulators as relevant
- Ensure that all deliverables are issued accurately, completely, and timely both internally within Audit Services and externally to stakeholders
- AML and Financial Crime subject matter expertise gained in a financial services environment
- Professional certifications (e.g., ACAMS, CPA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) are preferable but not mandatory
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
- Strong investigative and organizational skills
- Able to work in a hybrid and global environment
- Strong report writing and workpaper documentation skills
- Project management
- Time management
- Focused client relationships
- Team player
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
- We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.