Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to Know the Team:
The Treasury team is an innovative/established/longstanding team responsible for the entire group of treasury activities. We make an impact by maximizing shareholder value through optimizing funding, managing key financial risks, providing liquidity to businesses, advising on financial policies, and transacting in external financial markets effectively, efficiently, and economically. We are a data-driven team that harnesses technology that harnesses technology, tools, and techniques to provide smarter and high-quality insights to decision-makers. If you are looking to make an impact to Drive SEA Forward, then you should join our team!
Get to Know the Role:
You will be part of the Group Treasury team and the wider group, working in partnership with the regional, country finance teams and businesses to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, treasury, risk, and business acumen while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial risk management.
You will need to support initiatives to optimize banking architectures, increase efficiency, and automate treasury and the related finance processes to ensure a data-driven organization that provides useful insights holds stakeholders accountable, and works alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
The Day-to-Day Activities:
- Identify, assess and mitigate group financial risks, i.e. liquidity, FX, interest rate, settlement, investment, counterparty credit, market, fraud, project, regulatory risks, etc, working closely with the wider Grab community towards achieving OKRs.
- Develop/ review financing strategy, capital structure, and banking requirements for in service of corporate strategy.
- Support control & governance efforts in bank account architecture, management (e.g. opening, closing, and maintenance), and banking approval matrix.
- Demonstrate business acumen, bringing both technological and business sense ensuring alignment within and external to the Treasury.
- Support implementation of Treasury policies/ procedures across geographies and build trust with country Finance, FP&A, and business leadership teams.
- Support M&A, corporate finance, and structuring activities.
- Business partner with multiple stakeholders (including external joint venture partners and bankers) who may have different priorities.
- Work closely within the wider Finance teams to support new products and company initiatives.
- Develop, deliver and present reports/ dashboards/ key insights to stakeholders.
- Improve the way we work across the wider group i.e. automation, simplification, streamlining processes, leveraging tools (e.g. TMS, Analytics, Tableau, VBA, Bloomberg, etc), and technology.
- Take on other areas or initiatives as required and act as a backup to other team members (e.g. in cash flow forecasting process and FX execution).
- Minimum 8 plus years of solid treasury, banking, or corporate finance experience preferably in a mix of MNC and fast-paced/high-growth companies (e.g. fintech). Finance/accounting knowledge and experience will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Treasury or relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CA, CFA, etc.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley or strong control culture would be an advantage.
- Strong hands-on project management skills, results-driven, execution-focused, ability to own outcomes and make things happen with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ambitious, self-driven, and highly motivated individuals who can work well in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment - not everything is clearly defined. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast-growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the current roles.
- Data-driven to the core – understand numbers, what affects them, how you can influence outcomes, recommend options through analytical insights, quantitative analysis, and decision modeling, and communicate extremely concisely both written and verbal.
- Structured thought process and strong analytical reasoning ability, and some experience with operational execution.
- Demonstrate Grab qualities of Heart, Honour, Hunger, and Humility.
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.