About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Next’s dynamic Finance Team giving exposure to many areas of our business. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, our Finance Team is responsible for delivering finance support to key stakeholders across the business. We are currently looking for a Senior Finance Coordinator to work in our Accounts Payable operation. You will be part of the team responsible for supporting and maintaining great supplier relationships. You will be key to the day to day running of the area ensuring we have a smooth and effective process. Accuracy and attention to detail is key. We support the business in growing our supply base of more than 6,000 active suppliers.
- Monitor Accounts Payable processes to ensure invoices are recorded properly, approve promptly and paid on time.
- Preparation of supplier payment runs to select correct supplier payments and ensure that these are verified and checked in line with business processes. Support the business achieving Prompt Payment Code requirements.
- Work with suppliers to resolve their queries quickly to aid prompt payment.
- Perform supplier and ledger reconciliations and relevant accruals.
- Identify and raise opportunities for continuous improvement taking the lead in solving problems and work as part of a team to solve more complex issues.
- Ad Hoc activities such as reviewing/analysing data and system improvement testing.
- Strictly adhere to business policies and controls.
- Experience in finance administration and transactions, preferably Accounts Payable.
- High attention to detail and analytical skills (with the use of spreadsheets)
- Problem solving skills / Logical thought process
- Effective communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Positive and proactive approach to workload
- Work well in a team environment
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Apply Before 10/04/2022, 01:30 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.