Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big. Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Teamwork is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
The successful candidate will join the wider P2P team, responsible for supporting Apple’s purchasing and invoice induction processes and ensuring our multitude of partners are paid on-time across multiple countries.
This role is primarily responsible for managing the indirect trade and tax payments for EMEIA’s legal entities while also bearing responsibility for payments to Apple’s Direct Finished Goods and Buy Sell partners globally. The successful candidate will also be involved for ad hoc project work.
This role will give great exposure to not only the P2P team but also the wider Apple organisation. If you are a real team player, flexible, interested in interacting with a wide range of people locally and globally, great at building good working relationships and have intellectual curiosity than this position is an exciting opportunity for you.
- Experience with disbursements, treasury, and global banking processes preferred.
- Ability to develop expertise for standard and complex payment processes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, high pressure, and rapidly evolving business environment.
- General understanding of GAAP, SOX, general ledger, finance, payment, and accounting processes
- Experience with data and reporting tools (Excel, Tableau, etc.) is a plus.
- Perform daily timely payment execution for the EMEIA Ensure that all P2P and Payment processes are Sox compliant.
- Support critical payment requests processes for key business partners.
- Ensure payment confirmations, failure identification, and safeguards are performed timely and accurately.
- Support payment inquiries and escalations from multiple internal and external business partners.
- Collaborate with teammates and cross-functional partners to implement process improvements that minimise payment compliance risk and improve quality and efficiency standards.
- Support GBS initiatives and ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Challenge and empower your colleagues to challenge the status quo Partner with our Banking Partners to ensure payment timeliness and compliance requirements are met.
Education & Experience
- All relevant experience and education are considered
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.