Senior Financial Reporting Specialist (Alternative Investments)
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Financial Reporting Specialist (Alternative Investments)
In this role you will be responsible, under the direction of Financial Reporting Supervisor, for the day-to-day provision of financial reporting for entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (AIF'), mostly Real Estate, Private Equity and Debt Funds, registered in Luxembourg, Ireland, United States and Cayman Islands.
- Primary degree in a finance or accounting related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and/or professional accountancy qualification (qualified or part qualified) will be a huge asset.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in accounting / finance related area.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
- Strong numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, mature and able to work with respect to the deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Preparing quarterly / semi-annually / annually financial statements to internal (other BBH offices) and external parties (clients, auditors, tax advisors).
- Preparing financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP, Irish GAAP).
- Execution of all pre and post cycle processes related to the financial reporting process.
- Performing the internal controls agreed for the process.
- Updating work instructions for the assigned clients and processes.
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Liaising with fund auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
- Assisting in special projects to improve efficiency, quality and accuracy of work performed by the team.