Deals, Business Restructuring Services - Senior Associate - UAE & KSA
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Background/ intro to deals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients – working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
Working on iconic deals with national and global clients, we put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises – from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate.
About the team
Our core restructuring team within Business Recovery Services (BRS) operates across all segments of the market and is the largest restructuring practice in the Middle East. The team provides a range of services to typically stressed/distressed businesses from formal insolvency appointments to providing financial restructuring advice to a wide range of corporates and stakeholders including lenders, debtors, government bodies, credit funds and pension trustees. Whilst based in Dubai or Riyadh, the team often works on leading international projects and the role may include international travel
About the role
A typical assignment may include some or all of the following:
- Review of current financial position, key drivers of value and key risks of businesses across a range of sectors and geographies in order to identify the right capital structure solution
- Analysing historical trends and scrutinising forecasts
- Performing cost benchmarks and analysing working capital
- Monitoring short term cash flows
- Identifying and quantifying opportunities for financial improvement and efficiencies
- Work with multiple stakeholders to negotiate, agree and implement solutions
- Review (often in a short space of time) of businesses for long term viability, valuation and assessing capital structure options
- Provide hands on support to help Companies manage crisis situations and stabilise their financial positions
- Supporting a corporate through a court appointed insolvency process
- Review and understanding of the priority of various classes of creditors
- Working alongside other PwC teams, including specialist lines of service and sector experts
- Preparation of presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. lenders, private equity sponsors, management)
We empower people to determine their own career path. Whatever your ambition, we will support your learning and development, within one of the world’s leading professional organisations.
Essential skills and experience
- Sound financial analytical skills
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Understanding of key restructuring principles
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels (internal and external)
- Desire to develop and train junior members of the team
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
- Flexibility in working location
- Ability to support marketing and business development, demonstrating a proactive approach to the marketplace
- Proven project and time management skills
- Good excel modelling skills
- Curious and willing to learn new skills
- Willing to challenge and question
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised working environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Arabic speaking skills are desirable
- Ideally fully qualified with ACA, ACCA, CFA or equivalent
- Advanced with MS applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must
- Familiarity with Google suite a bonus, but not essential
- Relevant experience in restructuring from Big 4/ Investment Bank/ Other advisory firms of:
- 2 - 5 years for Senior associate
- 6 - 8+ years for Manager
Who we’re looking for
The team welcomes applications from individuals who have a keen interest and knowledge in regard to the work that the team undertakes. They will be looking for clear examples on why you have applied and what you can bring to the team. All applicants must have conducted considerable research into PwC and BRS prior to interview.
You’ll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional organisations. Please apply if you have a keen interest in the work we do.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.