Middle Office, Officer
Who we are looking for:
This is a varied position with a senior level of responsibility within the Business Operations team, within Investment Manager Services (Hang Zhou Region). This Business Operations Officer acts as a Primary contact point for all internal/external clients. The team is responsible for trade confirmation, trade process, trade settlement, and reporting of trade instructions from clients. The team is also responsible for processing directed lending instructions, wire transfers, and trade exceptions. The candidate is require to ensure service delivery to both internal and external clients, ensure timely response to client initiated queries, and escalation of any unresolve matters to manager for best resolution solution.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide a high standard of support to both internal or external clients
- Embrace State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Effectively communicate with clients, custodians, brokers, managers, and peers within State Street
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Ensure all internal/external clients’ inquiries are logged and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA’s
- Ensure all transactions are processed on a daily basis
- Participate in semi-annual broker review meetings
- Facilitate new market initiatives setup
- Contribute to team initiatives around audit, risk management
- Complete special tasks and projects assigned by the supervisor or manager.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be responsible and take ownership to the job which is allocated
- Must be organised and able to multi-task often working to tight deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to handle numerous activities and to prioritize work effectively.
- Must be pro-active and be a problem solver
- Must be highly professional interacting with several departments within the company
- Must be flexible often dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritisation
- A team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- Minimum of Associates degree and 6-8 years of prior business experience.
- Understanding of the Investment Management industry, with a minimum 3 years industry experience
- Understanding of Investment Manager Operations, particularly around processes and key deliverables
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Good understanding of State Street operations - technical, systems, policies and procedures - is an advantage
- PC skills with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.