Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst
18 Month Fixed Term Contract
£40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office
Full time or job share contracts available.
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Commercial Finance Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
What's the job?
This role provides financial business partnering to the B&Q commercial team, providing support, advice and challenge on the range change and promotional activity program.
- Define & deliver accurate and insightful reporting of both promotional activity and range review change across the business
- Maintain a forward-looking approach to managing both promotional activity and range review change, helping identify, manage and mitigate potential risks & opportunities at any given point
- Support, partner, coach, challenge and influence senior commercial team members in order to deliver longer term strategic promotional & loyalty business plans
- Proactively mange the wider finance team to include consideration of promotional activity / loyalty within other workstreams (delivery, store staff etc)
- Work collaboratively with the wider commercial finance team to enable the team to adapt flexibly to business priorities when called upon
- Continually improve planning and reporting processes
What we need:
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent)
- Experience in a retail commercial finance team desirable
- Strong analytical ability, able to turn data into data into reporting & insight and identify performance drivers
- Able to operate under own judgement and autonomy, making recommendations and managing expectations where appropriate
- Able to distil complex messages into key stories for non-finance stakeholders
- Ability to influence and challenge non-finance stakeholders when there are conflicts between the business and finance agendas, being aware of and adapting behaviour based on both political and factual factors
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to operate in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience of leading and delivering through others desirable
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.