A permanent, full time role based in Bolton offering hybrid working and up to £35,000 for a part-qualified Financial Accountant.
Our client provide good quality homes to the community, with a focus on supporting the most vulnerable by providing support and value for money, whilst enabling the customers to live independently.
The key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to;
- Provide finance business partnering support all the departments within the business;
- Give clear financial management advice, business planning and appraisal of business cases providing robust challenge on VFM, affordability, deliverability and risk;
- Have responsibility for financial accounting and reporting functions including month end and year end procedures;
- To have regular input and to support the Finance Director in the production of the monthly and quarterly accounts, including the support of balance sheet and P&L reconciliations when required;
- Provide budgeting and forecasting guidance and support to budget holders, including the preparation of the draft budgets for Director approval;
- Leading on the monthly BvA reporting and engagement with departmental managers;
- Provide finance and performance reporting;
- Prepare a daily and monthly cash flow statement, understanding the Charity's income (and factoring) streams;
- Timely preparation of an accurate weekly income submission report;
- External stakeholder reports, both financial and operational;
- Contribute to the regular review of the Statement of Financial Position;
- Preparation of regular financial and business specific forecasts;
- Supporting the Finance Manager on all aspects of reporting and transactional tasks including the occasional entry of data to the Charity's ledger;
- Works in close partnership with stakeholders and support them in making well informed decisions;
The successful candidate must possess the following skillset in order to be shortlisted;
- Working towards a recognized accounting qualification. QBE will be considered for exceptional candidates;
- Familiarity and use of Sage 50 or equivalent;
- Experience of a similar role, or keen to progress from a junior role into the role of a Financial Accountant;
- Strong MS Excel and general MS Office skills;
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures;
- Attention to detail.
n offer to the candidate;
- A permanent full time role within the Housing Sector;
- Offering up to £35,000 with hybrid working available;
- Office located in Bolton.