Financial Reporting Manager
Vaccitech plc is a fast-growing biotech company. At only six years old we already have a development portfolio of nine programmes, including a partnered product that is in commercial production and that has seen more than 3 billion doses administered worldwide and an IPO behind us. We are a publicly listed clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that spun out of the University of Oxford’s Jenner Institute, one of the most prestigious vaccine research centres in the world. We discover and develop immunotherapeutic products and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases, cancer, and autoimmunity. Our achievements include co-inventing and jointly developing our COVID-19 vaccine candidate VTP-900, now Vaxzevria, which we assigned to Oxford University Innovation to facilitate the licensing of those rights to AstraZeneca. We run clinical studies to explore treatments for patients with HBV and HPV infections and are developing rapid and scalable manufacturing processes for our platforms.
In December 2021, Vaccitech acquired Avidea Technologies Inc. with exciting product candidates for oncology and autoimmunity based on the innovative SNAPvax platform, which has demonstrated unprecedented control over T cell induction. This gives us U.S operational presence in Maryland, complements Vaccitech’s established capabilities and reinforces our position as a fast-growing global leader in immunotherapies and vaccines. Vaccitech's UK headquarters has recently moved to a state-of-the-art facility in the UK's leading science and innovation campus at Harwell. We conduct research globally and have ambitious plans in the UK and US, where we will continue to grow our teams over the coming months and years.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join Vaccitech as Financial Reporting Manager, helping to build one of the most exciting biotech companies globally that has just completed a successful listing on NASDAQ. This is a senior finance role with overall responsibility for financial reporting functions of the Company, including regulatory and statutory accounting.
You'll be working as part of our Finance team, reporting into our Group FC based in Harwell, UK. You will be responsible for the external financial reporting requirements of the business, developing financial controls over financial reporting, ensuring accurate application of accounting standard throughout the business, supporting capital raising and M&A, activities and providing technical accounting advice to the finance team and business partners.
The role requires somebody with an expert knowledge of US GAAP and a solid approach to technical accounting matters, excellent communication skills to be able to convey complex accounting concepts to senior stakeholders and the confidence to manage third party experts across audit, accounting, tax and law. The role will work closely alongside other Finance team members.
This role gives ample opportunities for professional growth, including possible future expansion of responsibilities.
- Preparation of Group financial information for external stakeholders
- Preparation of consolidated group and company financial statements and management reports
- Ensuring all UK/US statutory filings are completed accurately and on time, including relevant SEC filings as a US domestic issuer
- Providing technical accounting advice to the finance team and throughout the business
- Key team member in the implementation and subsequent operation of SOX controls over the financial close process and financial reporting
- Managing the group’s external audit process
- Supporting the coordination of regional audits for subsidiaries
- Supporting the wider accounting team at month end to ensure consistency with external reporting
- Drafting and implementing accounting policies for complex financial items with the Group FC
- Upskilling the finance team to understand and take ownership of complex accounting areas after initial implementation
- Management of external consultants (outsourced accountants, tax consultants, lawyers involved in the SEC reporting)
- Be a finance business partner for R&D, Clinical and Manufacturing operations’ heads
- Support and direct involvement in potential fund raisings and M&A projects
- Support the progression and expansion of the finance team
- Ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and experience required
- 5+ years’ experience in Big 4 or public company environment
- CPA / ACA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualified
- Expert US GAAP technical accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP
- Extensive experience in financial reporting in a listed environment (US/SEC environment preferable)
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to successfully manage individuals and third-party stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Experience and confidence working with data and its analysis
- A resourceful problem solver who loves a challenge and can work under pressure, with excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to adapt quickly
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience of the biotech or pharma industry is desirable
- Experience with ERP systems, like SAP by Design is beneficial
What we can offer you
Vaccitech is a great place to work. We encourage an entirely flat structure with an open-door policy to the senior leadership team. Our employees agree the culture and working environment is one of the best things about our business. As part of a small high growth business you will get the opportunity to be involved in many different areas and our rapid growth trajectory means you will have the opportunity to grow with us. We offer stock options to all employees, 25 days annual holidays increasing with length of service, an AXA Healthcare plan, Life Insurance and up to 5% pension contributions matched by the company.
Notice to recruiters
Vaccitech’s internal Talent Acquisition leads recruitment and employment for Vaccitech. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vaccitech from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vaccitech and do not obligate Vaccitech to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. Vaccitech operate a preferred list of recruitment suppliers, any and all equiries about joining us as a supplier should be directed to Vaccitech’s TA Team. We ask that external recruiters and/ or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.