Accounts and Advisory Assistant Manger
Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant Manager or looking for a step-up?
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Leatherhead office Accounts team.
The purpose of this role is a management of a mixed portfolio of UK and International clients in conjunction with the principal relationship holders (Partners and Directors). Taking responsibility for all aspects of the execution of compliance engagements for those clients (predominantly statutory accounts preparation), including client meetings.
- Seamless interaction with other service lines to provide a joined-up service to clients.
- Build relationships and maintain close contact with clients throughout engagements to ensure continuing good relations and the effective completion of work, including fully understanding each client’s business, future goals, and ambitions.
- A comprehensive understanding of the full range of Menzies services is required to facilitate cross-selling to existing and potential clients.
- Having or building relationships with a good pool of contacts, facilitating recommendations to the clients and potential prospects, creating opportunities for inward referrals. Business development activities and initiatives to promote the service line and the Menzies brand.
- Financial management of the portfolio lock up (work in progress and fees), ensuring efficiency and maximising recoveries.
- Manage team fee budgets for the month and billing of client work. Monitor time spent on engagements to ensure a commercial return for the business. Deal with any client queries.
- Provision of training to more junior accounts employees.
- ACCA / ACA Qualified or equivalent
- Experience working in a Mid-Tier accounting general practice
- Knowledge of CaseWare a benefit
- Comprehensive accounting and taxation experience including: Accounting standards, Working knowledge - corporate taxation, Working knowledge - personal taxation