We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join our growing Heathrow audit department and manage a client portfolio.
This is a role for an ambitious candidate who embraces our core values, supporting the audit partners, helping our clients achieve their aspirations and developing our audit team.Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of an audit focused portfolio of clients.
- Overseeing the preparation of financial statements under FRS102 and IFRS.
- Attendance and contributions at client meetings.
- Completing audits with minimal supervision and with in deadlines.
- Management and development of upcoming audit talent.
- Financial management of portfolio taking control of WIP, billing and debt management.
- Involvement in business development, including maintaining own key contacts and fostering new relationships.
- Maintaining a good level of technical knowledge and being able to independently research issues forming your own solutions.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Solid experience in an accountancy practice working in an Audit focused role.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong client and team relationships.
- Ability to manage complicated projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong technical understanding of accounting and auditing standards.
- Experience in leading group audits and the preparation of consolidated accounts.
- Previous use of CaseWare or Mercia methodologies is desirable.
- Can build trusted relationships with clientsand colleagues.
- Produces high quality work to a good technical standard.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively prioritise high volumes of work.
- Anticipates and resolves problems at an early stage to keep assignments on budget.
- Can identify opportunities for growth within existing client baseand when to involve other service lines.
- Takes an active role in developing the team providing day to day support on technical and other matters.
- Travel Requirements: Role will be based in Heathrow office and at client premises predominantly in Heathrow and surrounding areas.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinkingis how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.