Trust Accountant and Tax Senior
Menzies LLP are recruiting for a Trust Accountant and Tax Senior, preferably with accompanying personal tax experience, to work within the Trust and Private client team. Ideally the candidate would be full-time but Menzies would be open to negotiate part-time working hours.
- The preparation of trust accounts and tax returns for UK and non-UK Trusts and Estates.
- The preparation of personal tax returns for beneficiaries and high net worth individuals.
- Administration of a portfolio of trust (and beneficiary) clients, ensuring key deadlines are met within agreed budgets. Including liaison with Trustees and other advisors.
- Preparation of trust inheritance tax returns and calculations.
- Preparation of trust tax pool computations.
- Assisting junior team members with training and queries.
- Reviewing straightforward tax returns prepared by junior team members.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required, including assisting with advisory work as required.
- ATT, ACA, ACCA or STEP qualified or 5 years relevant experience. Menzies would be willing to support a candidate who wants to work towards a further professional qualification.
- Sound experience in trust accounting and all aspects of UK trust taxation. Alternatively, sound UK personal tax experience with the potential for training in trust work.
- Proven experience in administering a portfolio of clients. The ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good IT skills with an added advantage if the candidate is experienced in using Trust Accounts software and CCH Tax