Audit and Accounts Semi Senior - Charities and Not For Profit (Qualified or Part-Qualified)
Are you a Qualified or a Part-Qualified Audit Senior?
We are looking for an Audit Semi Senior to join our Heathrow office in Egham specialist Charities and Not For Profit (NFP) Audit team.
We would consider Qualified or Part-Qualified candidates for this role, so if in doubt, please apply to discuss your level of experience further.
The purpose of this role is to work as part of the NFP team ensuring that audit and Independent Examinations planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit or IE reports. You will also be working as part of the NFP team, being responsible for ensuring accounts are prepared under UK GAAP and Charities SORP for review by NFP managers and RI.
- Planning, execution and completion of audits, reporting to directly to managers
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties
- Leading on-site teams for audits and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget
- Starting to become aware of business development, including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects
- Development and supervision of junior trainees
- Studying towards becoming or qualified ACA / ACCA / CA qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Knowledge/experience of charities reporting and auditing desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a team on external audit assignments from planning to fieldwork and completion stages under International Standards on Auditing
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP and Charities SORP