Director - IIDA
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) works closely with global clients such as UN agencies, the European Commission, Foundations and other Development Agencies, particularly those involved in international development. IIDA provides assurance services, including financial and systems audits, certifications, internal control assessments, technical assistance, and consultancy services to international institutions
We’ll help you succeed
As a Director you'll provided high quality service to clients, take a leading role in business development activities and be active in the internal development of the department. You'll be responsible for
- The management and delivery of new and / or complex assignments including designing appropriate responses to non-conventional terms of reference, writing tailored work programmes and designing bespoke reporting formats
- Demonstrating a detailed knowledge of public sector audit issues and techniques and be able to provide expert guidance
- Understanding public sector client structures and the legal and contractual frameworks in which the assignments
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and be able to provide expert guidance
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the department, and take responsibility for project implementation
- Financial success of assignment, billing targets, utilisation rates, recovery rates, chargeable hours
- Provide input for policy setting and departmental controls
- Ensure you team meets the firms professional standards;
- Plan and control the allocation of staff within teams and effectively manage teams, supporting on day to day questions
- Review proposals for specific assignments within a framework
- Lead tender processes reporting to a partner; contributing to success in winning tenders and develop own client portfolio
- Identify potential opportunities for obtaining new work. Take action to follow up opportunities with a partner
- Develop internal contacts across the firm
You'll be someone that is
- Qualified in either ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Has commensurate audit experience in practice, preferably including public sector experience
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Highly developed technical and analytical skills
- Able to demonstrate a proven business development skills
- An effective communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Produces reports to a high standard
- A broad range of staff planning and supervision experience
- Team worker
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude
- Public sector knowledge and interest
- Passionate about international travel
- Ideally worked for a top 20 firm
- Willing to travel to international locations for up to a week at a time to attend client / auditee meetings
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.