Assistant Manager - Financial Services - FAAS
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) – Financial Services
FAAS is a specialist accounting team who service complex large scale and multinational companies, providing solutions to financial and operational challenges in global organisations. Our experienced and multinational financial services team operates across 3 key service lines as per the below;
Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions
Centralised approach to the following services:
- Statutory accounts production
- Conversion from group to local
- Supporting audit process
- Regulatory reporting support
Strategic Resourcing- Accounting and Finance
- Interim/Surge resourcing
- Remediation and review
- Transition management
- Project Management Offering
Business Process Outsourcing
- Full or partial process outsourcing for accounting, reporting and finance functions
- Process optimisation
- Reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Access to consulting advice for outsourcing solutions and implementation
Our clients across the Asset Management, Insurance and Banking Sectors with the following characteristics:
- Technically demanding;
- Driving efficiency and change;
- Want a single point of contact ;
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of financial services operating environments.
1. The role
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends, which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with FAAS teams and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our client base.
- Working with clients to optimize finance and operational functions, this may include projects relating to
- the financial reporting process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- accounting for trading and/or investment entities including private equity / debt structures
- month end / quarter end reporting
- regulatory reporting support
- Working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and Lux and US GAAP;
- Building strong relationships with client representatives;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally
This is also a technical role and an understanding of the financial reporting and finance functions within various financial services sectors would be expected.
- Experience in the preparation and review of financial statements in asset management, insurance or banking;
- Experience in a variety of funds types / structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private equity, REITs, SPVs an advantage;
- Experience in automated financial reporting packages for asset management an advantage;
- Proficient accountant, with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
The candidate would be responsible for assisting the manager or associate director in managing the delivery of a number of engagements and would be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in maintaining and developing key client relationships;
- Assist with the on-shoring or off-shoring of financial reporting and finance related processes.
- Support the Design and implementation of project plans;
- Support the managing of a team while on assignment;
- Diagnosis, stabilisation and process redesign arising from a critical business or P&L issues;
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- Commercial / business awareness;
- A passion for client service.
Skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services industry either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 2 years’ PQE; or 3 years while part qualified
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP and some knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- Strong understanding of accounting and regulatory requirements related to funds, banking or insurance industry;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- ERP system experience such as Oracle, Geneva, Investran, Sun, SAP, Workday – desirable;
- A self-starter with an ability to work on their own initiative, but knowing when to seek assistance and work collaboratively;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.