EMEA Macro VP
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The regional locations covered by FAIR include EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa), North America and Asia.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by FAIR include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month end, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Partner with FAIR teams and various stakeholders across global locations
- Oversee preparation of the firm's primary financial statements at quarter-end for use in the earnings release and SEC filings
- Manage data requests into and out of the Financial Reporting group, serving as liaison between data suppliers and data users, including line-of-business and legal entity controllers
- Manage intercompany eliminations
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Understand the trade life cycle of investment bank products from trade inception to financial reporting
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to partner across all levels of the organization and influence decisions and priorities outside of one’s direct span of control
- Ability to understand business drivers, systems and interdependencies to deliver solutions to business problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related industry
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of investment banking products, including financial derivatives
- Experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface), knowledge of other JPM Chase financial reporting systems beneficial
- Experience managing a staff of skilled professionals
- Experience in managing process and workflow enhancement
- CPA license beneficial in some FAIR roles but not required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.