Financial Accountant (Part Qualified)
Description of business unit
Group Finance has a Part-qualified Financial Accountant role within the Retail Ireland Division specifically relating to Distribution Channels. This role will report to the Financial Controller - Distribution Channels.
The Distribution Channels Financial Control team within Retail Ireland is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Distribution, Strategy & Operations (DSO) and a Business Banking loan portfolio of c. €8bn. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Distribution Channels unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy. You will also be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives and other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Distribution Channels.
- To deliver the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that the underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger;
- To produce high quality financial and management reports and prepare commentary/analysis of the Business Unit performance;
- To review all financial reports and analysis ensuring that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- To liaise with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting Services and the Business Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in a timely and efficient manner;
- To participate in the delivery of final subsidiary statutory financial statements/regulatory returns and facilitate the audit process;
- To ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards by ensuring all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
- To be a flexible team member by sharing knowledge and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, improve quality of work and create best-in-class processes and procedures;
- To support the Financial Controller and Senior Financial Controller by providing financial and analytical support for ongoing business initiatives and ad-hoc requests as required;
- To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities.
What is the opportunity
You will gain financial control experience, whilst working in a vibrant and growing business.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight deadlines.
- High energy and a questioning demeanor.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of accounting and the banking sector.
- Amplify Capability - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.