MY - Tax Assistant Manager / Manager, Transfer Pricing
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Assist and advise a varied portfolio of clients regarding transfer pricing matters encompassing audits, advanced pricing arrangements, documentation, and planning projects.
- Develop and plan robust transfer pricing approaches and solutions for the clients, including data gathering, comparables search strategies, and various financial and statistical analyses.
- Liaise with the Inland Revenue Board, the Ministry of Finance and other government agencies in connection with client engagements.
- Keep oneself updated on the latest developments in transfer pricing within Malaysia and at OECD.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports and analysis and ongoing project management.
- Establish relationship with clients, and develop and implement sales strategies.
- Participate in various business development opportunities and project pursuits.
- Supervise assignments of engagement team and provide mentorship to team members.
- Participate in various research, training and practice/professional development initiatives
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network.
- Translate and communicate broader strategy into a convincing team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feels supported, respected and engaged.
- Degree in Accounting/ Economics/ Taxation/ Law from recognized universities or any professional qualification in similar disciplines.
- Between 6-9 years of transfer pricing work experience, preferably with another professional services firm. Candidates with relevant experience from industry would also be eligible.
- Knowledge and experience of data analytics would be preferred, but not a must.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Leadership and people management skills; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.