Manager, International Corporate Tax
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our International Corporate Tax team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll develop innovative strategies that enable clients to streamline processes, maximize efficiencies and minimize global tax liability while meeting their international reporting requirements.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for international corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, worldwide tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues for Canadian entities carrying on business in foreign countries
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex offshore tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high quality deliverables
- Assist organizations in determining the most effective corporate structure from a tax perspective in different countries; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing
- Perform due diligence or modeling related to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of international subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- Master’s degree specializing in taxation, or Member of the Bar
- 4 to 5 years of relevant public accounting or tax consulting experience
- Extensive working knowledge of corporate tax including consulting, compliance and research within International Tax
- Experience preparing and reviewing international tax compliance and tax reorganizations
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing tax concepts and tax efficiencies of cross-border flows
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.