Chief of Staff - Manager/Senior Manager
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Partner Affairs, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide strategic and operational support to current and former partners of the Firm. You’ll have a big part in supporting our partners from assisting with partner admissions and talent development to partner compensation, administration, and benefits.
As part of our Internal Firm Services, you’ll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Partner Affairs team.
The Chief of Staff works alongside the Line of Service (LoS) Leader and assists in facilitating effective decision-making and also in the coordination of the execution of strategic initiatives. This role encompasses strategy through to execution and requires both an analytical and pragmatic capability set.
Support the LoS Leader working in collaboration with the BU Leads in formulating, planning and driving practice's business priorities, annual budget and initiatives
Meeting preparation and follow up:
- review upcoming monthly management meetings to ensure the LoS Leader has all of the information needed
- send out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary
- prepare slides for the meeting
- disseminate and follow through action points from meetings
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring the LoS Leader's involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment
- Understands project pipeline realisation, dependencies and interdependencies and analyse against the delivery capacity to ensure a consistent approach to operational activities/decisions
- Responsible for delegated activities and represent / support the LoS Leader, BU Leads as appropriate on a range of strategic and operational matters
- Be part of any special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Evaluate resources to ensure the availability of the necessary skills and expertise and to realise staff potential
- Drafting and reviewing internal and external communications as required.
- Plan and organise relevant practice's events regarding firm matters, employee well-being, engagement related, quality and independence
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required for the strategic assistance for LoS Leader
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- 6-8 years of applicable experience in consulting or internal management role
- Excellent whole leadership, business acumen and people management skills with the ability to connect the dots between business strategy, operations and people engagement
- A strong problem-solver. Able to work calmly under pressure and is flexible
- An analytical mind-set and attention to details
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and deliver projects/tasks on time, sometimes to strict deadlines
- Strategic cost reduction / value creation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional application instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.