Technical Coordinator, Global Fee Mgmt
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
This role will report into the Invoicing/Payment Lead within the Global Service Center. The Invoicing Technical Coordinator is responsible for reviewing the invoicing team production of invoice calculations, uploads, adjustments, cancellation and accounting. This role, working closely with the Invoicing & Payments leader, will review and provide preliminary approval for operations and activities within the invoicing team. The technical coordinator will ensure that all activities within the team are conducted in compliance with Northern Trust policies and procedures in addition to providing support for internal audit and fee team leader requests. There will also be the need to assist the Global Governance and RSC teams with month-end responsibilities and other business and system projects as required. The technical coordinator will serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level staff. The Technical Coordinator will adhere to the compliance guidelines and internal auditing requirements of the Bank and assist the Fees Leadership Team with ensuring best practices are being followed.
- Provides direction for the collection of inputs for calculation
- Reviews manual calculation, invoice creation & uploads
- Coordinates and reviews invoice adjustments, cancellation & credit notes and accounting
- Ensures satisfactory resolution to invoice queries, monitoring & resolution
- Direct the review of monthly invoice variance analysis
- Monitors invoice emailing for consistency & completeness
- Reviewer and approver of period-end invoicing for designated clients, cash application, and closing audits
- Supports and provide subject matter expertise billing related special projects
- Provide training, cross-training and coaching of team members to ensure depth and a well-rounded team
- Acts as the first point of escalation for risk and control related matters for the team
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to staff
- Work in collaboration with our business partners to ensure accurate and timely deliverables to the client and solving of billing related issues
- Supports strategic initiatives to enhance performance and productivity
- Assist in the review of control documentation, including risk and control self-assessment and SOX 404
- Assist in the UAT testing associated with fee related initiatives
- Provide support for internal and external requests
- Communicate and escalate issues to Fee Management/Leadership Team as required
- Maintain policies and procedures and utilize best practices
- Actively participate in establishing a robust control environment, including understanding and adherence to all controls for Fee Billing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrate knowledge of the Financial Services industry
- 5+ years of related experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or Payroll
- Detailed-oriented, team player with an analytical mind, and good problem solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time management, ability to multi-task, prioritize work and provide timely feed-back to management
- Self-motivated, self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.