Senior Accountant, Assurance and Accounting - Indigenous
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Indigenous Services team as a Senior Accountant. This diverse team of professionals works with more than 250 Indigenous peoples, groups and organizations across Canada and shares a passion for learning and understanding their history, culture and contributions to our country. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide expertise to empower Indigenous communities, organizations, businesses and individuals in navigating a dynamic social, political and economic environment.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses; manage multiple files simultaneously and conduct inventory counts
- Perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset acquisition and disposition and payroll walk-through with clients
- Summarize clients’ current financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other relevant reports
- Assess and assure appropriateness of audit evidence for expenses, revenues, capital asset additions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and prepaid expenses
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Develop effective working relationships with clients while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
- Understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.