Senior Manager - Everyday Business Banking Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Everyday Business Banking (EBB) is a key client facing business within the Business Banking (BB) division of the Commonwealth Bank.
Everyday Business Banking supports the needs of our business customers to pay and be paid, and to save and invest. The team comprises the Deposits, Merchants, Customer, Digital, Payments, Health Claim, and Analytics, Data & Decision Science (ADDS) teams. The products owned by the team are distributed by Business Banking and Institutional Banking customer segment teams.
EBB Finance provides specialist finance services and advice to effectively support the business to enable effective performance management and decision making by various stakeholders.
The activities of the role include:
- Business Partnering
- Monthly performance reporting
- Consolidation & Management Reporting
- Deep-Dives and Ad-Hoc Analytics
- Financial and non-financial risk control oversight
You will be reporting to the Executive Manager, Everyday Business Banking Finance.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include;
- End to end management of monthly P&L (both revenue and expenses) and BS process (primarily for the Merchants business) including month-end Flash results, business management packs, financial control, balance sheet review and ad-hoc analysis
- Consolidation of the EBB monthly result and month-end flash to the EBB LT
- Preparation and ownership of finance materials, including monthly LT pack and ad-hoc analysis, to facilitate discussions at the EBB LT
- Focus on risk and controls in relation to the financial management of the business
- Partnering with and supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support
- Providing financial advice and support for a number of projects the business are undertaking to deliver on the wider EBB strategy
- Deep collaboration across the bank including Product, Segment and Centre finance teams in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual deliverables as well as providing valuable insights across the Business Banking (BB) division
- End to end ownership of Centre requirements for external reporting process (including HYE and YE reporting deliverables)
- Participate in strategic projects across EBB Finance
- Lead motivate, and support a high performing team, including managing performance and attracting top talent.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualification (Business, Finance, or IT) with post graduate qualification, highly desirable
- CA/CPA/CFA qualification
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s planning and reporting cycles/procedures.
- Good knowledge of PeopleSoft general ledger, PeopleSoft HR and other accounting and support systems
- Tableau (BI/MI tools) experience an advantage
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 10/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.