Consultant Indirect Tax - Real Estate
Passionate about the world of real estate with a focus on tax? You’re not alone. Join us in shaping the foundation of society.
Your journey with us
We are looking for a tax professional active in the real estate sector to strengthen our indirect tax team in Belgium.
- You manage relationships with various stakeholders within the real estate industry (active in the financing, developing and exploitation of real estate) and tax authorities.
- You are responsible for client service delivery according to the Deloitte/Deloitte Legal - Lawyers quality standards
- You work alongside specialists from the Financial, Risk, Consulting and Legal teams, to bring outstanding and multidisciplinary value and customized solutions to our clients
Let’s talk about you
- You have a degree in a business-related discipline such as law or economics, or a comparable background through experience
- You have gained 2-5 years of relevant experience in an indirect tax focused role as tax advisor, lawyer or inhouse specialist (preferably with focus on real estate), where you demonstrated technical abilities and business skills
- You are a team player with strong communication and networking skills
- You have a client focused, communicative and pragmatic approach while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- You have an open, creative, flexible and entrepreneurial mindset
- You have a good working knowledge of Dutch and/or French and or English
- You are eager to learn more about the broader Real Estate industry and its (indirect) tax challenges & opportunities.
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
With Indirect Tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore-complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it is more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Our Belgium Indirect Tax Practice has over 90 indirect tax experts who are well informed and understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
Our Real estate team, is a unique blend of tax lawyers and tax consultants to support our clients in structuring and executing their real estate projects, in consultation with tax authorities and – if needed – in defending their interest in tax litigations.
Amongst our clients we can count:
- Institutional investors in real estate projects;
- Project developers;
- Building companies;
- Authorities active in regional development;
- Companies active in hospitality sector
And we assist our clients with:
- Mergers and acquisitions projects (vendor / buyer due diligence);
- Funding and financing of real estate projects (in close collaboration with our colleagues of financial advisory);
- Structuring and executing of real estate projects with a focus on advisory around of indirect taxes such as registration duties, VAT, immovable withholding tax, local and regional taxes,… (in close collaboration with our colleagues of global business tax and our legal colleagues and in consultation with tax authorities, f.e. by obtaining a tax ruling);
- Advisory on exploitation of real estate projects (in close collaboration with our colleagues of audit and risk advisory);
- Disputes with tax authorities;
- Affordability and sustainability of real estate projects;
- Public private participations (PPP) and DBFM-projects;
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+5000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.