Audit Manager, Rapid Innovation - Karachi
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients across the MENA region count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, by supporting our MENA based EY Member Firms to serve clients in the MENA region across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client’s audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
EY Rapid Innovation
As a Multinational Member Firm in the EY network, Rapid Innovation, based in Karachi & Lahore, exclusively provides its services to MENA based EY Member Firms to support audit and non-audit engagements across the MENA region, excluding Pakistan. The work is executed remotely by working virtually with our MENA onshore teams and sometime may require travel to MENA EY offices.
EY is looking for Managers to join the Rapid Innovation team to remotely lead on complex MENA audit engagements and support growth of the MENA Audit business.
As a Manager, you'll remotely manage the delivery of audit engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner and executing it in compliance with EY's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement. You’ll also assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders as well as participate in business development initiatives.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and confirm that work delivered to clients is of a high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring. You will also contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Assurance professionals and contribute to the maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong academic record, including a degree or professional accounting qualification, such as ACCA, CPA, CA
- Professional accounting qualification
- At least 7 years of professional experience in an audit, accounting or finance role
- Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques and experience managing teams
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Experience of risk based audit process
- Understanding of currently applicable and upcoming IFRS
- Knowledge of use of audit tools and data analytic tools
- Coaching, mentoring and counselling experience
- Fluent English communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience within Financial Services or Oil & Gas sector
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.