Transaction Management Team Manager, Hybrid, Officer
Your new team
Middle Office Transaction Management Poland was founded in early 2015, growing its numbers and clients serviced over the years. We now count 250+ employees spread amongst Krakow and Gdansk locations. In Transaction Management, we stand in the middle between front office of our clients (Investor Managers ) and Backoffice and market. Our job is to confirm and settle transactions on behalf of Investment Managers worldwide. Products we support include equities, fixed income, cash, foreign exchange, unitized funds and securitized derivatives of the same. Middle Office Transaction Management business unit is centric for Asset managers, traders, brokers and other counterparty’s relationships.Who are we looking for?
For this position we are looking for someone passionate about middle office and preferably, with relevant operational experience. Individual with operational background, courage, enthusiasm for management and willingness to learn the ropes of middle office is someone that would fit this team very well. Team Manager will lead & develop both the team and business operations they will be entrusted with. If you would like to develop your career in the industry as a Team Manager within our growing Middle Office business this is a great opportunity for you to pursue.What you get if you join us as Transaction Management Team Manager?
If you are looking for a role offering wide and varied scope of responsibilities as well as opportunities to develop people manager’s career path this is the position tailored to your needs and career aspirations. Join one of the fastest growing State Street's business units and build your career with us - over 6000 professionals are growing their career in State Street Polish branch!
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.Your new role
As a Transaction Management Team Manager, Officer you will be responsible for:
- Execution of Business unit strategy– deputy to unit AVP responsible for consulting and implementation of strategic changes and decisions such as productivity, technological changes, onboarding/migrations.
- Ownership and management of selected Transaction Management team from operational perspective: acting as escalation point of contact for business stakeholders, holding client relationship function, governance and KPI activity.
- Leadership and development of the selected Transaction Management team: Organizational planning, structure adjustments, talent development & retention, individual and team goals and performance maintenance, workload management
- Enabling and driving changes and improvements individually and through the team
- Leading and participating in department wide projects & initiatives, representing the Transaction Management function in both external and all internal project discussion and workshops
- Developing and supporting critical internal relationships with dependent units, clients, cross functional operational colleagues and global counterparts
- Maintaining operations of Transaction Management unit performing middle office functions (trade confirmation) for multiple Asset Mangers across fixed income, equity, unit trusts, money market, FX and cash instruments.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of relevant operational experience in financial services organization enabling understanding of the operations & services rendered in Middle Office. Experience in Middle Office / Custody / Corporate actions are preferred but not mandatory.
- 2+ years of direct team management, operational management or team manager deputy functions are required
- Strong understanding of Investment Management operations.
- Understanding of different functions of financial services (fund accounting, corporate actions, custody, transfer agency, settlements, fail management) . Understanding of confirmation and settlement & custody operations.
- Preferable knowledge of transactions lifecycle across various asset types (fixed income, equity, cash, FX)
- Preferred experience with industry infrastructure (CTM, Alert, TradeNexus, SWIFT
- Academic background, degree in relevant field (preferred economics, finance)
Desired skills and competencies:
- Good team management, leadership and team working skills
- Client service and solutions driven mind-set, including ability to work with third-party Senior management
- Fluent English – strong verbal and written communication skills
- PC skills, including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.