R&D Tax Manager - Edinburgh
Would you like the opportunity to work in our Innovation Incentives team helping clients file R&D tax credit claims?
EY’s Innovation Incentives team is a specialist team made up of engineers and IT specialists as well as tax and accounting professionals. Our team support companies in filing R&D tax credit claims and applying for cash grants which were introduced by the government to encourage UK companies to invest in innovation.
In Scotland we are looking to for an experience R&D Tax Manager with a background in either:
- Engineering/Science; or
- IT/Software; or
In order to help manage the delivery of R&D tax claims to our clients. The candidate should have previous experience in R&D tax and would be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow although consideration would be given for Aberdeen.
Serving a variety of high profile clients (FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies to fast-growing tech start-ups), you will be required to work closely with senior engineers/scientists and finance/tax professions of our clients. You will play an active role in helping to identify the clients’ R&D projects and be the main client contact for delivery of the claims.
This offers an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals with experience in R&D tax claims to join EY’s fast growing and highly successful Innovation Incentives team. The team are looking for experienced and enthusiastic engineers/scientists, IT and tax professionals to be part of a growing and dynamic practice.
You will be required to lead R&D tax engagements with clients and work closely with lead engineers and the finance & tax departments of our clients across different sectors. You will be responsible for the high quality delivery of our claims and play an active role in delivery of the R&D claims for submission to HMRC and taking part in extensive client communication.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage the successful delivery of R&D tax services to the client
- Support the development of junior members of the team
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
Skills and attributes for success:
- Previous R&D tax experience
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Desire to understand the latest, cutting edge, technologies used by a variety of businesses
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Strong excel capability including manipulating large and complex datasets
- Strong communication skills and confidence in speaking, as the role requires holding one-to-one meetings with our clients senior technical and finance staff
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a proven track record in taking initiatives, whilst also having a collaborative and team building attitude
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Engineering or Science degree qualified (for an Engineering/Science background)
- IT or software degree qualified (for IT/Software background)
- Fully qualified in ACA/CA/ACCA/ATT/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course (for Tax background)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Work experience in your chosen industry
What we look for:
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.