Senior Associate - International Tax Services/M&A
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
- Working on projects, which would include tax due diligence and cross border engagements. You are expected to be able an effective communicator and project manager, to facilitate timely deliverables, where coordination and engagement with other offices/advisors/colleagues (e.g. transaction services, indirect taxes, other lines of service) may be required.
- Provide effective tax advisory services to our clients, based on their needs and requirements. This would include assistance in formulating inbound/outbound strategies (e.g. financing, suitable holding structures, repatriation, etc) from both a cross border tax and regulatory perspective.
- Building strong relationships with relevant client contacts leading to provide independent advice on assignments.
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities and provide input on the development and marketing of new products or service offerings.
- There would also be requirements for engagement with various trade agencies and colleagues within the network on a regular basis.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum 3 years Malaysian working experience in Malaysian tax compliance and advisory.
- Recognised University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration related discipline or professional accounting qualification.
- We are looking for dynamic individuals who are agile and adaptable to change, as transactions/projects are fluid and time sensitive.
- Team player with good interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written English Language with confidence.
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.