Senior Finance Manager, Insights
About the Team
Financial Services partners with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, property, procurement and security.
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. GSSF manages the end-to-end finance functions for these support units and collaborates regularly with the other business unit finance teams throughout the organisation. The team manages a sizeable portion of the Group’s cost base and has direct engagement and exposure to many members of the Bank’s senior leadership team.
See yourself in our team
The purpose of the role is to deliver on the pipeline of insights as part of the GSSF transformation agenda to deliver significant productivity benefits and value.
You will be responsible for developing new processes to generate insights, and serving these to the wider team.
The role also involves ownership of the financial management for one cost centre within GSSF.
Key duties will include:
- Ownership of cost centre reporting and forecasting
- Generating insights on common expense areas across the areas we manage
- Delivery of the transformation agenda across the team, including projects to design and develop improvements to our tools and processes
- Proactively working with the wider GSSF team, to embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identify and deliver on opportunities for the business
- Help to drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture
- Provide support for the wider team and ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- CA/CPA qualification
- Experienced in mapping processes, implementing improvements and a natural curiosity to know more and improve processes
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and influence change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Financial Services background and experience desirable
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/10/2022.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.