MY - Audit & Assurance - Manager (Insurance Industry)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do:
Deloitte is expanding its insurance audit and advisory business in response to the regulatory and MFRS/IFRS accounting changes impacting the insurance sector.
Due to the publication of MFRS/IFRS 17 Insurance contracts in 2017, many of the clients across the insurance industry are asking for support from us as they assess, design and implement this fundamental change in accounting and look to address the impacts to their business model and financial reporting. This gives us opportunities for our insurance practitioners to assist our clients in areas such as reporting process and controls design and implementation, operating model, and finance transformation, working closely with actuarial, consulting and risk advisory colleagues.
We are looking to expand our team of focused, aspirational and collaborative insurance practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as Manager or Assistant Manager in our Insurance Audit and Assurance Group to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business. We are seeking applications from professionals who ideally have excellent knowledge and experience of Life and / or General insurance related audit and advisory engagements. This role will require some level of business travel depending on client needs in the ASEAN and Asia Pacific region.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Be responsible for managing a key client portfolio of insurance clients (life and general) and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Manage audit / advisory teams on specific assignments to ensure audit / advisory work is appropriately completed in accordance with the necessary engagement requirements
- Supervise teams to successfully execute engagements
- Manage, motivate and coach team members and provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal
- Take an active role in delivering on advisory engagements specifically for MFRS/IFRS 17 advisory projects locally and possibly in the ASEAN Region
- Support business development initiatives, assist in the preparation and presentation of proposals for new insurance audit and advisory jobs
- Participate in practice management activities, including facilitation of internal training courses and staff development
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CPA, MICPA or equivalent)
- Experience in the Insurance sector, either from within the industry as part of an insurance institution or from professional services
- Experience in insurance accounting and/or relevant advisory engagements
- Knowledge or awareness of developments in Insurance regulation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, guidance and influencing skills, team management, and leadership
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a stimulating work environment
- Enjoy working independently as well as actively collaborating with others to contribute to a high performing team environment
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development as a role model by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Candidates having prior MFRS/IFRS 17 exposure will have added advantage although this is not a pre-requisite
Please attach your resume when submitting your application.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.