At Grant Thornton, we're not your run of the mill Audit, Tax and Advisory firm. Why? Because we always go beyond the norm, challenge convention and deliver creative solutions. We’re always looking for changemakers. You can feel it the second you walk in: you're surrounded by passionate people. We’re bouncing off each other’s energy, in an exciting atmosphere that's bustling with activity.
Our unique approach has helped us become one of Ireland’s fastest-growing professional services firm. We're looking for creative thinkers with fresh ideas and traditionalists who dream big. We're not just looking for individuals with a business background, we want individuals from all disciplines. We know that the right people come from many different places and spaces.
We want you to carve out a future that reflects who you really are. Our mission is to empower our people and clients to achieve their ambitions. We want to help you flourish in a way that matches your personality and your dreams. Someone who's still obviously you, but with loads of extra experience under your belt. Everyone brings something new to the table at Grant Thornton, it’s part of what makes this such a wonderful and vibrant place to work.
We are currently recruiting for a Semi-Senior to join our Tax department in Dublin.
Change the conventional. Make it exceptional.
Our Tax team works across the entire spectrum of Tax, from personal financial planning to international businesses and everything in-between. We aim to deliver the best innovation and proactive solutions for our clients. In Tax, you will gain exposure to various compliance obligations of a wide array of clients along with complex assignments and projects across various industries / sectors. Tax is always evolving, and you will have to keep an eye on changes that might affect our clients. By being adaptable, you will get to develop tax strategies and solutions customised to client needs. You will to get the opportunity to work with a variety of businesses, from sole traders to SMES, from multiple industries too!
Through your career you will gain the relevant professional qualifications while undertaking a variety of Tax work across a diverse client base.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assisting in the management of a mixed portfolio of clients
- Working as a member of the tax compliance team, your main responsibility will be to assist management in leading corporation tax compliance assignments including preparation of complex corporation tax computations and returns and review of trainee output ensuring all compliance work is in accordance with Irish tax legislation and company law requirements.
- Assist in ongoing management of client relationships including providing timely and accurate information on ongoing tax issues
- identifying tax planning opportunities for clients and assisting management in delivering tax advisory solutions
- Research in relation to client taxation issues
- Various ad hoc duties and responsibilities as directed by management
- Develop relationships with internal departments, i.e. Audit, to aide in providing a holistic service to our clients
- Assisting in the professional development of trainees including mentoring, training and encouraging a proactive approach to work streams.
Skills and attributes
- Part-qualified AITI, ACCA or ACA
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience using Alphatax is an advantage
- A good understanding and knowledge of direct tax (corporation tax, personal tax, capital gains tax, capital acquisition tax) and relevant legislation
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence in dealing with people and good client-facing skills
- Self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Curiosity in tax and business in general with a proactive and pragmatic approach to work
Change the path. Make your own.
When your days are all the same, nobody wins. That's why we have The Academy. The Academy gives you regular business training that empowers you to develop the skills you want, at your own pace. As part of The Academy, you'll get exam support including tutorials and practice exams. Not to mention study leave and first pass bonuses. We're going beyond to give you everything you need to get the results you want.
At Grant Thornton, exam success and professional development of our staff is at the top of our priorities and this is reflected in our Exam Hub for students of all professional qualification. Furthermore, our dedicated Tax Training Committee and mentors will offer insight into general technical training to ensure you are prepared when sitting exams and contributing to your ongoing development as a professional.
Change your dreams. Make them realities.
We're on the lookout for bright, confident people, just like you. We're seeking out Semi-Seniors who can communicate their ideas, work well both as a team member and a team leader, and who want to make a real difference to the firm. If you're willing to challenge yourself, help others solve problems and are on board with what we stand for, then what are you waiting for?
Become a changemaker with Grant Thornton
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.