Corporate Finance Associate Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, EY
Corporate Finance Associate Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, UKI Strategy & Transactions
The EY Corporate Finance team, part of the Strategy and Transactions (‘SaT’) service line,, are currently looking for an Associate Director in our Belfast office. As the only integrated global SaT business worldwide we are one of the leading providers of strategy and transaction services with over 200 experienced professionals based across our Belfast, Cork and Dublin offices.
As a SaT Associate Director you'll work with a high-performing, integrated team on a wide variety of clients and deliver a range of assignments focusing on mergers and acquisition services. You'll have a diverse range of stretching experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
This growing team focuses on building strong relationships which will ultimately help you and your clients reach their potential. The group is seeking to recruit an Associate Director who will be able to build on their current transaction, advisory and commercial experience to lead a number of diverse and demanding assignments. Due to the variety of services we provide to our clients, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with a Partner, leading the day to day execution, within SaT, both in Northern Ireland and internationally, on the following assignments:
- Mergers, buyouts and disposals
- Debt and equity fund raise
- Lead assignments by defining scope and in consultation with Partners ensure that assignments are executed in compliance with our policies and protocols.
- Understanding our client’s needs, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- Project manage teams, work closely with all members to lead the day to day progression of assignments to include; planning and preparation of deliverables as well as review of these deliverables.
- Responsibility for providing support, maintaining communication and updating both junior and senior members, as required.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
- Working to tight deadlines, thinking clearly under pressure and maintaining team morale during lengthy and challenging engagements.
- Assisting in the financial management aspects of assignments by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to engagement leaders.
- Demonstrating professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight.
- Participating in business development initiatives by leading the development of pitch documents and taking a lead role in dealing with clients.
- Building strong internal relationships within SaT and across other service lines to identify opportunities and leverage relationships.
- Develop your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term.
- Understanding the capabilities of the firm and looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to SaT assignments to achieve the best solution.
- As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture. You will be responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing more junior members of staff as well as providing constructive feedback on both a formal and informal basis.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training our professionals.
- Maintain an education program to continually develop personal and technical skills.
- Play an important role in the growth and development of the SaT team.
Technical skill requirements;
- Experience of working on and a deep technical knowledge of some of the following areas;
- Mergers, buyouts and disposals
- Debt and equity fund raise
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- High level of commercial acumen.
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and ability to identify potential areas of sensitivity.
- Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions.
- Experience in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification with a minimum of three years relevant post qualifying experience
- Relevant experience
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Strong IT skills, to an advanced level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply now.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.