Job Title: Finance Director
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG)
Location: Tai Po (NT)
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) is a nature conservation and education center spread over 148 hectares of land on the northern slopes of Tai Mo Shan. It lies in a valley, with a stream running down through the diverse (sub)tropical forest. You can find theme gardens, greenhouses, vegetable, and fruit terraces, walking trails and public education displays of plants and animals, whilst the largest part of the estate is managed as a nature reserve.
KFBG adheres to a holistic approach, balancing agricultural and livestock production with restoring and conserving nature. KFBG’s hillside is a demonstration site that showcases how this balance can be achieved by embedding inspirational Botanic Garden and native animal displays for visitors and sustainable agricultural plots in a natural landscape. The recultivation of KFBG’s nature reserve is experimental as well as scientific, and sharing lessons learned with society at large.
We invite you to be part of this unique institution, as we are looking for a Finance Director, who is good with finance and wants to make a difference together in this world.
The job holder is responsible for the daily operation of the finance and accounting department, the finances of KFBG overall (which has close to 250 employees and an annual budget of approximately HKD 200M), the financial underpinning of the strategy, the budgeting process and efficiency of financial operations. The Finance Director reports directly to the Executive Director and will be a member of KFBG’s Management Team.
- To lead the finance department To implement the strategy from a financial perspective
- To review operational efficiency To structure and enhance a centralized purchase system
- To prepare the annual budget and 5-year plan for each financial year
- To supervise the work of staff within the Finance & Accounting Section
- To collaborate with the Director Finance at Sir Elly Kadoorie and Sons Limited
- To review the contracts with our suppliers and shape a preferred supplier strategy
- To oversee the accounting system in accordance with current standards and accounting practices adopted by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- To supervise in establishing financial control procedures that would safeguard the Farm’s properties and assets
- To review existing accounting procedures/ practices and recommend changes that would enhance control and efficiency
- To supervise the maintenance and update the General Ledger and Sub-Ledgers and compile regular financial statements and reports. i.e., Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statement, Cash Flow Statement at the month end and year end
- To ensure all payments are within approved budgets and under proper channel of approval
- To monitor the compliance of the underlying procurement policy
- To prepare regular comparative control reports in operating and capital expenses and other ad hoc financial reports for managerial decision
External reporting / Funding
- To oversee the liaison with KFBG’s Banks and Auditors for any needed services
- To supervise the preparation full set of accounts for audit purposes and follow up on any recommendations raised by the auditor which are accepted by the Board
- To cooperate with Admin. Section for maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset Registry
- To monitor, manage and source different funds, including the government’s funding
- To prepare reports for the government filing and liaise with the government’s audit
- Commitment to the mission and values of KFBG, with a love for nature and mindfulness
- Management experience: FD role in a Management Team
- Qualified CPA or equivalent
- At least 10 years of solid working experience at managerial level in Accounting and Finance field, with experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and analysis
- At least 5 years supervisory experience and staff management
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to processing large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, laws, and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills and a good team player
Interested parties, please send C.V. with expected salary to HR Manager, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden Corporation, Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, N.T. or e-mail via the form below.