Senior Tax Associate
Who we are looking for:
The role of the Senior Tax Associate is to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standard service delivery for all State Street Regulated Tax clients in respect of their Authorized Investment Funds, Investment Trust Companies and PAIFs.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
Corporation Tax Specific:
- Prepare and/or review and/or oversight corporation tax and income tax computations for insertion in the interim and final financial statements for all funds
- Prepare and/or review CT600, PAIF CT61 and VAT returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs
- Prepare and/or review taxation payment instructions for Trustees
- Prepare and/or review and/or oversight quarterly taxation reviews to ensure reasonableness of daily taxation provision accrual and manage issues log review points
- Undertake review of asset classifications for UK tax purposes for inclusion in the internally maintained Funds database ensuring the information contained within is accurate and up to date
- Involvement in projects as and when required
- Assisting officers and the management team in resolving internal and external queries
- Working with the officers and the management team in conducting training across both Poland and UK
Management of service delivery and relationships
- Ensure deadlines/deliverables are met
- Identify and implement process enhancements
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of team checklists and QC as required
- Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being provided
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff both within State Street and with clients and external parties, including HMRC
- Manage own time and activities effectively setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong understanding of fund accounting and tax principles relating to UK Investment Funds
- Excellent knowledge of tax regulations relating to UK Regulated Funds
- Experience within Funds Administration/Accounting practice preferable
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and accuracy, problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and ability to work under pressure/deadlines
- PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tax packages
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Business degree from University or equivalent/relevant market experience
- Studying towards Professional Qualification (ICAS, ICAEW, CTA, ACCA, ATT, AAT) or IAQ qualified desirable, but not essential
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.