Senior Legal Officer
Join our growing team in Vilnius as A Legal Officer
As part of a dedicated expert team, you will be responsible for the delivery of Alter Domus’ world-class suite of integrated solutions to a portfolio of clients.
As a member of the team supporting Company Secretary services to clients, you serve as an important link between junior staff, management, and our clients. As a member of a professional services function you can continue to enhance your career within the funds industry, continue to expand your relationship management skills, build expertise in directing and mentoring staff, and serve as a quality reviewer on work prior to submissions to (senior) managers across private equity, private debt and real estate corporate entities.
- Interacting with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Overseeing various company secretarial transactions (e.g. incorporation, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes etc.) to include preparation and/or review of the necessary corporate approvals, Companies House filings, statutory registers updates etc.;
- Managing day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action;
- Training junior staff, delegating tasks, organising planning and reviewing work;
- Collaborating on setup and/or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Preparing for and attending board and shareholders' meetings, documenting, drafting and or reviewing and circulating minutes and actions agreed upon;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring annual and ad-hoc filing requirements are met;
- Proactively arranging a regular review (healthcheck) of the entities’ records;
- Proactive collaboration between the Co-Sec and Accounting teams as well as other Alter Domus offices, with a focus on client service delivery;
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence and promoter / corporate files;
- Ensuring the internal processes are followed and logs/trackers are updated;
- Supporting team on client engagement and transactions.
- Assisting the management with the billing and cash collection.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one would be an asset but not a requirement;
- 3 years or more of relevant experience (company secretarial and managing corporate structures of a similar nature);
- Prior Diligent Board experience highly desired;
- Strong knowledge of compliance requirements and AML regulations;
- Possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- Flexible and hands-on approach;
- Organised with an eye for detail;
- Ability to prioritise and to handle multiple projects simultaneously is essential;
- Strong communication skills with ability to work across multiple levels.
WHAT WE DO
Many leading international asset managers, lenders and asset owners choose Alter Domus as their partner for growth.
Solely dedicated to alternative strategies, we offer fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
ALTERNATIVE CAREERS IN FINANCE
We offer multiple learning and career development opportunities to our network of 3,000 employees across more than 40 offices and desks. Thanks to them we are ahead of the game.
THE VILNIUS ADVENTURE
The 2021 opening of Alter Domus’ office in Vilnius represents a major milestone in the company’s fast development. By joining our brand-new European centre of expertise, you will work for an international leader at the heart of Alter Domus’ client delivery operating model, servicing our most prestigious alternative investment clients from across Europe and beyond.
Monthly salary: from 2450 EUR Gross
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.