Fund Oversight & Valuations Support (1 Year Fixed-term Contract), Hybrid
Who we are looking for
The team have sought to align processes across fund ranges. The role is responsible for ensuring consistent and effective oversight of said service providers and follow up on action and remediation points as necessary.
This individual will be responsible for the tasks detailed below, as well as providing general support to the wider Global Funds Management Team in relation to valuation and pricing under a one year fixed term contract.
Why this role is important to us
SSGA manages and is promoter of approximately 400 European funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The EMEA Funds Management team is responsible for handling all processes related to fund governance and fund oversight, including the overseeing of the various service providers appointed to each fund range such as the Administrator, Transfer Agent and Custodian.
What you will be responsible for
- Supporting key members of the Global Funds Management team in EMEA in overseeing the delegated arrangements in place, primarily to State Street Global Services in Luxembourg and the UK.
- Review of incident notes prepared by State Street Global Services, coordinating feedback internally and ensuring that satisfactory responses are received to all questions raised and appropriate process/systems enhancements are made.
- The role will also work with Global Funds Management personnel based in Krakow who support the Boston Global Funds Management team.
- Supporting the EMEA security valuation process.
- Managing the market/custody account opening process and renewal/refresh of the necessary documentation to maintain such accounts.
- Coordinating the Class Actions process in which SSGA EMEA Funds enroll.
- Responsible for anti-dilution/ swing pricing setting and adjustments
What we value
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Positive and pro-active communicator
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Good attention to detail
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Education to degree level preferable
- Numerically literate
- Knowledge of EU fund structures
- Background in Fund operations would be useful
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.