APAC A2R Process Transformation Manager
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The APAC A2R Process Transformation Manager reports to the A2R GPO. The role will be responsible for overseeing the wing-to-wing transformation of a number of processes inclusive of automation and stand-up of any tool within the Americas region.
The role will be viewed as the focal for their assigned process(es). Primary responsibility in working with Baxter Business Services regional teams in defining and standing up enhanced process(es).The role is also responsible with teaming with IT and other functional colleagues in the stand-up of new interfaces, tools, reporting with goal of seeking innovative solutions and improve process performance, the customer experience, and continually drive increasing business value.
The role will also help develop and monitor key process operational metrics and partners with Global Shared Service Center, Regional Project Teams, Global / Regional IT colleagues, and extended global network of SMEs to support end-to-end process governance.
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who can bring best practices to the role and who is skilled at analyzing, researching, innovating, and continually improving Global/Regional Finance business processes. This individual will work collaboratively with internal customers/stakeholders to identify, create, and implement leading practices in the process areas under their responsibility.
- Support the sub process lead by being a subject matter expert in the areas they cover and a trusted adviser to the business. The areas to be covered within this role are Liabilities.
- Being able to act as a delegate of the sub process lead in advising upon issue resolution, approving system and process changes in the respective sub processes.
- Support the implementation of major projects and collaborate with others to implement and support process improvement/changes
- Lead and coordinate activities related to the subject matter expertise
- Independently plan and schedule project timelines (including testing, cutovers and training activities as needed)
- Ensure appropriate handoff activities are coordinated at the end of the project.
- Coordinate all activities amongst involved resources (GPO, IT, Change Management, etc.)
- Report on projects progress, issues, and solutions to key stakeholders.
- Working with other process owners and finance business partners across the organization as it pertains to our processes and systems in other, associated processes (for example, Supply Chain, Treasury, Tax, FP&A)
- Partner with IT Lead to assess/define requirements, determine/optimize potential solutions (RPAs), and develop the IT strategy for the process area(s) covered
- Working closely with business and process leaders/owners to develop and communicate strategies, define improvement initiatives, and analyze their needs and successes, and collect feedback/analytics to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure process documentation and training materials are kept up to date.
- Scope includes all assigned sub-processes, as well as the systems and organizations associated with the execution of those sub-processes, in such a manner as to meet both company and legal/regulatory requirements
- Leadership & Strategic thinking
- Knowledge & understanding of US GAAP
- Extensive experience in accounting or finance, with significant time in record to report.
- Excellent advanced computer skills with competencies in MS applications (Excel, Outlook) and major ERP platforms (preference JDE).
- Extensive knowledge of record to report processes in a multinational company and how the process and system design relate to accounting requirements.
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Strong influential cross-matrix skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Take responsibility and accountability for successful completion of assigned tasks
- Apply understanding of overall end-to-end process in task execution, decision making and planning.
- Identify and drive areas for continuous improvement within assigned scope by influencing and engaging business partners and supporting peers and managers in delivering on a broader scope.
- Self-directed and able to thrive and bring structure to unstructured situations
- Fluent English
- Oracle & Blackline experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, CPA, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Account to Report processes.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.