Associate - AR/Cash Application (Thai)
- Countries/Businesses covered Thailand
Purpose of Role
- To work on all areas of the cash allocation and application activities across East OUs
- To ensure that cash application and allocation is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual
- To provide support to the team manager driving down unallocated cash and improve automation rates.
- Ensure that all cash and cheques have been entered into the system, banked on the due date and that receipts are applied to customer accounts.
- Communicate with customers to resolve allocation issues daily.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of banking process in resolving issues arising from various modes of receipts.
- Reconciles accounts and pro-actively resolves disputes through support from Debt Collection team
- Acknowledge receipt of complaint with customer, quickly investigates & resolves the complaint.
- Ensure performance metrics are met and performs the monthly reconciliation of General ledger accounts
- Monitor Accounts Receivables and Perform Manual Entries.
- Analyse unidentified receipts and properly coordinated with the bank, cash management team (back-end treasury); and to other relevant parties to ensure resolution within prescribed timeline.
- Support project delivery for projects related to cash application and allocation
- To ensure that the application and allocation of cash remittance either thru Cash, lockbox, wire or EFT to customer accounts is booked accurately, and in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA’s.
- This is critical to managing the exposure levels of our customers and to our debt collection teams. Clear understanding of Account Receivables and basic accounting principles. Ability to deal with internal and external customers where situations requiring tact and professionalism. Ensure all Cash related controls are operated effectively per designed.
- Critical Activities should be explicitly managed - Direct Debit, Rejection, Reinstatement of bounced cheque and Refund.
- Should be adaptable to change and willing to continue to pursue process improvements opportunities for final decision and implementation cross team/teams (i.e. Automation; macro).
- Ensure that work instructions are up to date. Should collaboratively worked with PE Team for any changes impacting global WI or local WI.
- Degree in accounting
- Strong proficiency in Thai language (read, write and speak)
- Strong aptitude for managing processes and driving towards best-in-class process performance
- A passion for learning soft and business partnering skills
- This role requires a result driven, focussed individual with excellent communication skills and high self-motivation. He or she must be able to work under tight time pressure whilst still maintaining high standards of work not only personally, but also within the team, resiliently. He / She must be able to encourage team members in team delivery, and positively engage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.