Financial Reporting Specialist - Senior Associate-2
Who we are looking for
An experienced financial reporting specialist to undertake both the production and where applicable oversight review for completeness and accuracy of all components of financial statement reporting and associated deliverables (including periodic distributions) for a variety of funds. Primarily responsible for the preparation of the financial statements in line with the relevant accounting standards you will also be required to oversee the outsourced arrangement for our Poland Financial Reporting Hub in line with our governance and control framework. Working with Fund Accounting/ Client Delivery Management, Auditors, Clients and associated stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Specialist – Senior Associate you will
- The prepare and oversee the production of financial statements for your assigned clients including planning, financial statement production/review and audit coordination.
- Ensure the controls are applied, complete and evidenced in a timely manner and statements are in compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g. Irish, IFRS, UK, US, other GAAP).
- Maintain an understanding of Internal and client SLA provisions including relevant KPIs to ensure delivery standards to client are maintained.
- Perform effective governance of the Financial Reporting hub (including other internal service providers).
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation procedure and protocols.
- Maintain and develop relationships with your clients, external auditors, printers, financial reporting Hub and other internal State Street departments.
- Deputise for your manager and perform other duties as required from time to time.
- Manage own continuous professional development, through engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training as per Development Pathways.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ownership and Initiative
- Highly motivated and can inspire team
- Strong organisational and time management skill
- Effective communicator
- Client Service Excellence, ability to deliver on commitments
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy or business degree or equivalent
- A Levels obtained (including A/B grade is preferred) or equivalent
- Achieved or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential
- Achieved or studying toward IOC
- At least 2 to 4 years previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC’s or other collective investment schemes
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration.
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.