Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
Who we are looking for
Looking for a subject matter expert (SME) in fund accounting with experience in Advent Geneva and GLS (a proprietary State Street System). The candidate will assist with the ongoing accounting system conversion as well as the ESP reporting implementation across the hedge business. The SME will be a key liaison for North American between the business teams and conversion teams throughout the migration, with the goal of converting all AIS hedge clients to Advent Geneva and NAV Insight Reporting.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Geneva Hedge SME you will
- Direct and guide business queries on various aspects of the implementation process.
- Work directly with business to deliver hands on training and build Advent Geneva skills.
- Research, escalate and resolve business ad hoc queries once live on the new account system.
- Assist with development projects, enhancements and testing for the accounting system migration.
- Assist with development and testing of new reporting platforms for internal and external reporting delivery.
- Connect with business and conversion teams throughout the implementation in order to keep the global implementation plan on track.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Willingness to learn
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree
- Five Years or more of Experience
- Advent Geneva, Excel, Macro Applications
- Experience with working with Hub team locations
- Involvement with historical accounting and/or reporting system conversions
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.