Accounts Payable Team Member
About the role
The Accounts Payable team provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. We contribute to ensuring sure our supply chain are paid to terms through processing, verifying and reconciling subcontract payment certificates received into the company.
What you'll be doing
- You will be required to assist with all aspects of ccounts payable processes for multiple operating companies.
As a Accounts Payable Team Member, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Processing and payment reviews including, daily, weekly, and urgent requests;
- Subcontract rotation work including: approving of subcontract payment certificates; reviewing output from automated reports; requesting Authenticated Tax Receipts (ATRs); dealing with rejections, holds, and payment/VAT holds; managing daily workflow of queries; and other ad-hoc subcontract work;
- Ensure that supplier accounts are paid in accordance with agreed terms;
- Solve queries on subcontract payments and orders in conjunction with procurement and business teams;
- Deal with e-mail queries from internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Maintaining process manuals; and
- Communicate within the team to resolve queries efficiently;
- Engage positively with team meetings, huddles and wider business forums;
- Support team members with workload during time of absence or high activity, to ensure business needs are met; and
- Maintain good knowledge of ERP and other systems.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities are essential:
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development;
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and multi task due to high volumes of work and tight deadlines;
- Meticulous and accurate with impeccable attention to detail;
- A confident communicator with a good telephone manner and able to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders;
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer focus and a passion for quality service delivery;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to working in different teams as required; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
The following experience is desirable:
- Working towards T Level 2 or other equivalent
- Experience of working within the Oracle ERP system
- Assisting with general research and projects.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.