RA Lubes Asia-Pacific Finance Analyst
Global Commercial (“GC”) Business Connect team will be primarily responsible for standard Management Information (“MI”) outputs to support the East R&A Lubes business reporting Portfolio. In addition, the teams will also support standard processes around financial accounting and reporting.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and expertise to perform his/her work independently with minimal supervision. The candidate must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong communication skills and be capable of developing effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
The candidate will also handle a variety of financial/business activities related to Month-end close and reporting. The candidate will also be responsible/accountable for control operations, analysis, month-close activities, cost allocations, check and review of unallocated balances, project reporting, preparation of operating unit packs and other MI required by the business.
The candidate is also expected to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and achieving greater organizational efficiency to actively steer the ESSA ways of working in line with the organizational goals.
The candidate mainly supports the Finance in the Business, business partners and his/her team on a day-to-day basis in finance support in areas of Month End Close (Reviews and Management of Accounts), Financial Analysis (allowing for accurate Decision Making purposes), in-depth business commentaries and MI Delivery.
Managing the operations of the Pricing Activity for MDAP Lubricants.
Accountabilities include timely publication of standard reports and analysis, as well as supporting tasks:
- Collaborative working with other Finance Operations (“FO”) process to ensure cohesive approach
- Preparation of insightful commentaries to support internal and external reporting
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of E2E value chain process and financial impact
- Finalize financial statements which include proceeds and cost of product validation, operating expenses, advise/manage accruals & journal entries
- Provide efficient, timely and accurate Management Information to the Key stakeholders like profit margin analysis, cost analysis, P&L and Balance Sheet analysis
- Assist in ensuring financial quality and integrity of reporting, Latest Estimates performance, planning and business analysis. Liaise closely with the business for that purpose
- Manage relevant stakeholders in Business, FIB, Controllers, FO, Group reporting, GSAP project team & more importantly External parties.
- Capacity to understand business and have continuous improvement mindset while dealing with situations
- Ensure compliance to MOA and Controls procedures
- Influence and improve data integrity to enable automation
- Automation of reports and best use of systems and tools
Translated Company Description:
- The position requires the ability to deal with and resolve unstructured issues in a complex environment operating across various interfaces within Finance (shared service centers, other finance teams within Lubricants) and with business stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interest and aptitude for commercial mindset
- Ability to operate in a small team with limited oversight which requires a self-starter mindset and the ability to independently bring issues to a resolution
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision, but have structured approach to work with good analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to deal and adapt in an environment of constant change
- Provide quality finance support while building and maintaining a network of effective relationships with business staff, local and global finance, other support functions and other relevant parts of Downstream
- Ability & desire to challenge and question to ensure best-fit delivery
- Work effectively across different levels in the organization
- Qualified Accountants (Chartered Accountant or Management Accountant) with 3+ years of post-qualification experience. Skill level on MS Excel/Access is required
- In-depth knowledge and experience in SAP, Business Warehouse, SFS reports and GPMR is must
- Exposure to international / multi-cultural work environment
- Ability to work well in a virtual environment (telecons, virtual meetings, email, multiple time zones)
- Creativity and innovativeness in approaches to problem solving
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.