Business System Analyst, Officer
Business System Analyst, Officer
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will
- Support Individual business case solution efforts with a particular focus on driving forward configuration and set up, the business requirements, data loading and testing phases of the effort.
- Liaise with internal business clients in order to establish and document implementation requirements, develop “use cases” to document requirements.
- Have strong business and data analysis skills that can be leveraged for the development and support of product lifecycle.
- Participate in solutioning the business problem by working closely with project team.
- Contribute to and maintain client facing product documentation, includes Account Admin, Cash Profile workflow, User guide and specification.
- Attend onward meetings and present proposed changed calls to relevant team with logical thinking/fluent English.
- Work across relevant teams to help establish project delivery plans and delivery estimates.
- Have working experience/knowledge of SQL, Oracle and /or low code development tools.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform or learn.
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high-quality end-product
- Experience with BPM/Robotics tools like Unqork, Camunda, Appian, Pega System, Blue Prism, UiPath etc. a plus.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid foundation in application design and development principles, best practices, and a passion for designing meaningful digital experiences
- Experience designing financial applications
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing, development of business process flow diagrams, making comparisons regarding current and future processes, and effective communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences with excellent facilitation
- Proficient at presentations, creating PowerPoint and decks
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile
- Ability to analyze entity-relationship diagrams and logical data models to validate design against requirements
- Ability to write complex SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field including Finance, Economics, Engineering, Accounting or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 4 years of financial services experience.
- 1-2 years working experience with an Agile development methodology is preferred.
- Basic experience in writing SQL queries.
- Solid knowledge in generating process documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly MS Excel and Power BI.
- Experience on Appian/ESP/RKS/FDR/MCH is a plus
- Familiarity with financial reporting, business intelligence visualization, and data warehousing principles is a plus
- Experience on Appian/ESP/RKS/FDR/IBI/Power BI/Looker is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.