Section Manager, Financial Reporting - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
- Reporting to a Divisional Manager or Head of Financial Reporting Ireland Operations – Limerick
- Responsible for managing a financial reporting team, including conducting the performance management process.
- Establish goals/objectives for team and monitor to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks.
- Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps.
- Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team.
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the department.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews for all direct reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Must have proven experience in the investment management industry acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations industry or audit industry.
- Financial reporting experience preferred.
- Proven experience in a management role in a Funds Administration or Investment Management Company.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Detailed knowledge of both onshore and offshore funds administration. In particular Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS experience.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Working knowledge of German / Austrian tax as well as UK Reporting Regime requirements.
- Knowledge of the leading Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting systems. Experience with vendors preferred (Bloomberg, Reuters etc).
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department.
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses etc.
- Experience of managing teams and delegating responsibility to same whilst maintaining control.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Be an effective communicator, motivator, coach and mentor.
- As a manager, jointly manage the ongoing success of NT Ireland.
- Whilst maintaining primary responsibility for Financial Reporting think creatively and ‘outside of the box’ in terms of taking joint responsibility for other areas.
- Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
- Have the ability to develop further as the business grows.
- Genuine committed interest in own career development
- Relevant Professional Qualifications.
- Managerial & PC skills training.
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined.
- Enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient.
- Must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer.
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Identifies solutions as well as issues
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.