Senior Administrator (Board Servicing)
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Role/ Department:This is an exciting opportunity for the individual to progress their career in the offshore funds or financial services industry. Under general supervision (but with the ability to work independently much of the time), the successful candidate will be responsible for working in conjunction with other members of the Board Servicing team to provide a professional, effective, and high quality general administration and board servicing function to the funds, management companies and other entities under administration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist the Board Service Manager with the administration of the board servicing aspects for a small portfolio of Guernsey and non-Guernsey, listed and unlisted, entities with a certain level of supervision.
- Build relationships with the Boards and clients to help the department ensure all board servicing aspects of the NT service offering are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Assist the Board Service Manager with maintaining the corporate calendars.
- Assist with the drafting of agendas in advance of board meetings for review by the Board Service Manager.
- Incorporate any comments to be made or additions to be included on the agenda and circulate it to the board Chairman (where appropriate) and other relevant attendees for review.
- With supervision, request both internal and external reports and comments required for meetings and monitor receipt of papers in advance of the meeting.
- Collate the requested reports, chase up any outstanding reports.
- Collaborate with Board Logistics Team (“BLT”) to ensure the timely build of the electronic board pack.
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate sized rooms are reserved for board meetings, if they are to be held at Northern Trust’s offices in Guernsey.
- Attend company meetings with relevant Board Service Manager to assist with the taking of meeting minutes and action points.
- Ensure signed documentation is filed/scanned or placed into Safekeeping, in accordance with NT procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of various departmental databases/spreadsheets as required.
- Assist Board Service Manager with queries and requests received on a day to day basis, from clients and other members of staff.
- Perform other administration functions from time to time as may be required by the department.
- Liaise with internal Relationship Managers and Client Service Delivery Managers.
- Liaise with advisers, such as lawyers and auditors by telephone/email/in person.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and enhance the perception of the Company as client oriented, proactive and dedicated to providing a superior service
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge of the offshore fund industry particularly with regard to the statutory and regulatory requirements for Guernsey based collective investment schemes and associated vehicles.
- Some knowledge of the London Stock Exchange and Channel Islands Securities Exchange listing requirements and continuing obligations.
- An appreciation of the key corporate governance codes (AIC, UK and Guernsey)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook (email and calendar administration) – Intermediate Word skills would be beneficial.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong Administration and Interpersonal skills.
- Short hand or fast typing/note taking skills would be an advantage to assist with the taking of meeting minutes.
- A strong sense of ‘customer service’ and the confidence to communicate with clients, directors and third party advisors by telephone, email as well as face to face.
- Professional in appearance and manner.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve!Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.#MadeForGreater
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.