8 Months Internship Program 2023 Kilkenny
8-month Internship Programme 2023 – Dublin/Kilkenny
Who we are looking for
Our 8-month Intern Programme is a program that places high potential undergraduate students, like you, into our most impactful roles preparing you for future success
The programme offers you:
- Possibility to work in hybrid model work
- A structured learning and development programme, specific job related trainings, professional development and soft skills trainings
- A buddy who can offer you their experience, knowledge and guidance throughout your Internship.
- Dedicated networking events for the Interns
- Series of business related presentations
- Leadership Q&A sessions with Senior Management
- Possibility to job shadow in various departments
- Possibility to grow your professional network by joining an Employee Resource Group. Committees include the Professional Women’s Network, the Pride & Ally Network and the Professional Inclusion committee
Programme dates: 3rd January 2023 – 31st August 2023
You must be available for the full duration of the programme
You will join one of the following departments:
- Fund Accounting is at the core of our asset servicing solutions for our clients allowing State Street to give asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. The Fund Accounting team take responsibility for the accuracy of the NAV (Net Asset Value) per share published to the market place and liaise with other supporting departments to ensure the standards are kept high. Tax team
- Tax Service delivery is responsible for delivery of various tax reporting for our client investors (typically daily, quarterly or semi-annual reporting), fund tax reporting to ensure funds have appropriate tax documentation in place for reduced withholding tax rates to apply and administration of possible withholding tax reclaims and tax compliance reporting to the Irish Revenue (eg. FATCA, CRS & IUT reporting).
- Financial Reporting is downstream from core operations such as Fund Accounting, Custody and Transfer Agency and is responsible for the production of the statutory financial statements (annual & semi-annual) for review by our clients and their auditor and for final review and approval by the relevant Board of Directors of the fund legal entity. The financial statements are prepared in accordance with the relevant accounting standards framework (Irish, UK, US GAAP or IFRS) and regulatory framework such as UCITS or AIFMD. IFDS
- Custody is centred around the receipt, delivery, settlement and safekeeping of securities and cash for our clients. Custody Services acts as the central point of contact for all custody-related client inquiries.
- Depositary is one of oversight which provides candidates with an overview of all areas of the business where we test and review both the calculation of the value of the fund and review how the investment manager is performing for their investment role. There is interaction with clients and all areas of the business.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Exceptional drive for success and motivation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Enrolled in full time education at master’s level or undergraduates in the penultimate year of degree in one of the following areas: Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related.
- Strong IT Skills
What happens next?
Our recruitment team in India will review your application. Applicants selected to move forward in the process will have a phone screen with the recruitment team. Applicants successful after the phone screen will be invited for a final round interview at our offices
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.