Manager Transfer Pricing Finance
About the Team
Group Treasury Finance (GT Finance) provides management accounting and product control support for Group Treasury Front Office operations, including Portfolio Management (Asset & Liability Management [ALM] Liquidity Investment Portfolio), Group Funding & Liquidity and Capital & Regulatory Strategy. It also provides daily and monthly accounting and performance management and planning for front office desks, the Treasury leadership team and Group Finance.
See yourself in our team
As part of GT Finance, the TP Finance and Liquidity Reporting team is responsible for the:
- Implementation and management of the Group’s funds transfer pricing process for our internal customers and collaborating with our business partners to implement changes;
- Financial reporting for the TP Pools;
- Planning and forecasting of major TP rates;
- Management reporting of key Liquidity metrics on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
This role is a hybrid of treasury risk, management accounting and IT.
Key duties will include:
- Proactively improve the efficiency and robustness of FTP (Funds Transfer Pricing) operations in order to meet customer needs in terms of accuracy, responsiveness and timeliness.
- Contribute to and manage daily funds transfer pricing processes ensuring quality reports and cost of funds/worth of funds outcomes
- Execute daily exception reports and action corrections,
- Resolve any production issues in a timely manner and ensure on time data delivery,
- Ensure all business rules and configurations are up to date and accurate,
- Understand reporting outcomes and how they impact business decisions,
- Perform variance analysis and clearly explain movements;
- Perform regular deep dive reviews to gain insights into various business models and the accuracy of Transfer Pricing;
- Contribute to the development of effective controls and review framework;
- Liaise with Treasury IT to progress the resolution of data quality issues and manage a the pipeline of GTRS defects and change requests;
- Provide SME support on issue remediation and contribute to key projects.
- System implementation of agreed rates from treasury.
- Implementing new policy configurations for all treasury rates and premiums applied in the system
- Respond to queries and action requests from our customers and business partners in a timely and accurate manner. Liaise with our customers on FTP issues associated with existing and proposed products.
- Resolve FTP issues as they arise in order to minimise the impact on our customers and business partners.
- Ensure that FTP controls are followed to satisfy audit requirements.
- Create and maintain procedural documentation that is up-to-date and meets internal Group governance standards and associated regulatory/external audit requirements.
- Playing a role in developing transfer pricing educational material for customers;
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Mathematics, IT/Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience in financial markets, information technology or risk management in a banking environment.
- Experience in utilizing database queries or data visualization tools preferred (SQL, GDW, Microsoft Office, Ab initio, Tableau, Python). Ability to interrogate large data sets via SQL will be an advantage.
- Experience with the application of funds transfer pricing, interest rate modelling or product pricing desirable.
- An understanding of balance sheet management and treasury/finance systems with experience gained from Treasury, Risk or Finance role in a commercial banking environment
- Strong technical background experience with funds transfer pricing (FTP) and market risk concepts
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 06/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.