Valuation Control CPG/XVA - Associate
Valuation Control is organized along business lines including Corporate & Investment Bank (Macro Products, Credit, Equities, Securitized Products, IB Risk), CIO, Treasury & Corporate (CTC), Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) and Commercial Banking (CB). Clients of the group include senior management, business heads, regulators, and both internal and external audit.
- Execute price verification/benchmark process, including the calculation of fair value adjustments
- Assist with various Valuation Control Group (VCG) established practices and control initiatives as well as perform necessary work relating to management reporting, regulatory mandates and consistency within the broader VCG framework
- Partner with various functional groups on valuation related issues and develop/implement appropriate measures with the goal of ensuring fair value
- Enhance existing control framework including reviewing independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Participate in other value-added projects related to Business, Risk, and Finance initiatives
- 5+ years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree with finance and economics major preferred
- Graduate degree with finance, economics, mathematics, engineering a plus
- Ability to understand complex products, and analyze transaction and process flows
- Work experience in financial industry a plus
- Understanding of valuation concepts as they pertain to financial products and derivatives, basic accounting knowledge
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude. Candidates with quantitative backgrounds preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, automation and database skills a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.